From Coebergh’s home to today’s museum
The apothecary Adam Coebergh started building the house at the Hühnermarkt in 1662 and established the Adler Pharmacy there. Three years after Andreas Monheim acquired the building in 1783, he commissioned the architect Jakob Couven with its renovation. After the Second World War, in 1951, the City of Aachen bought the building from the Quadflieg family. And in 1958 the Couven Museum was opened here.