(formerly AACHEN CABINET)
The small cabinet room is furnished with an Aachen bureau and a cabinet. The linen cupboard on curved feet with rich Rocaille carving work is from the Nelleßen Collection. The coats of arms on the door wings refer to the Schleicher-Lynen family from Stolberg, so one can assume that the manufacture was in the old copper town, Stolberg at the end of the 18th century. The foundation of the first copper works in Stolberg was registered in 1571 by Leonard Schleicher. The alliance between the two influential families, Schleicher and Lynen, dominated the local copper industry from then on.
In its ornamentation – the curving props, the flat Rococo carving work and cambered cornice – the cabinet is modelled on Aachen pieces. However, it does not attain the precision and elegance of the Aachen art of furniture.
The historical dolls and accessories that were presented in the cabinet until the end of the 1990s, and which gave the room its name, the „Doll’s Cabinet Room“, are now in storage awaiting restoration in the Suermondt-Ludwig-Museum. When the room is reorganised in the future, a presentation of old toys and other cabinet pieces from the 18th and 19th century is planned.